It has a total gross weight of 510 kg, a speed of 20 km/h (and therefore no helmet require-ment), and its range is 30 km, or optionally 60 km. Unlike with other familiar designs (such as cargo bikes), the driver only requires a small space, and no physical exertion is needed to drive HopOn.
It is envisaged that the delivery vans used by parcel services will incorporate a special system for HopOn that does not restrict the total storage space available for parcels.
A lightweight hoist, which is sufficient for loading and unloading the upper row of containers and hoisting and lowering Hop On, is fixed to guide rails in the corners of the van’s gangway.
- The delivery van is parked in the ‘last-but-one mile’, which reduces urban traffic vol-ume and removes the need for a micro-depot,
- With a maximum width of 84 cm, HopOn can also be used on cycle paths and easily passes through the van door into the vehicle interior,
- Different types of delivery areas (inner city, fringe areas) can be served with the same delivery van,
- Does not cause air pollution,
- Small turning circle for easy manoeuvring,
- Faster delivery times,
- Faster loading in the logistics centre,
- Tried and tested automotive parts, low servicing costs.
- Courier, express and parcel services, mail delivery
Delivery of parcels in the last mile – currently more than 11 million shipments per de-livery day (in 2017 more than 3.3 billion shipments, expected to reach 4 billion ship-ments by 2022)
- Craft trade firms working at building sites in big cities and central urban areas
- Municipal works
- Mobile home manufacturers (integrated armrests and seat in the load bed)
HopOn: Light and agile
Easy maneuvering in forward and reverse
The multipurpose load bed has the same standard dimensions as a europallet and is addition-ally fitted with airline rails as a load securing device; it is therefore also suitable for standard retail containers and packages, in addition to its proprietary exchangeable containers.
Moreover, the containers can be equipped with transponders, which not only enable their lo-calisation but also record the packages contained within for the customer‘s logistics pro-gramme.
Optional transponders can also be used to lock the containers and the HopOn vehicle. The immobiliser and locking mechanism can both be operated using a remote control.
For instance, it might be advantageous to have a single shelf on each side, which should as far as possible be dividable and foldable, instead of the usual two shelves. This would create storage spaces equivalent to a large container, which would enable containers of up to 1.20 m in height in the bottom row and up to 60 cm in the top row to be accommodated.
- Dimensions: (L x W x H): 195 x 84 x 42 cm
- Two motor alternatives 60 V or 72 V
- Standard 1.7 kW
- Optional 3.0 kW (for use in terrain with gradients of up to 20%)
- Range: 30 km, optional 60 km
- Maximum weight allowed:: 510 kg
- Weather guard: Retractable weather guard made from polycarbonate
- Front axle: disc brake
- Rear axle: recuperation, drum brakes
- Parking brake: automatic gearbox lock on standstill
- Display: battery management, speed and error management Fixture for customer-specified recording systems USB (2) connection and receptacle for communication and navigation
- Trailer: folding aluminium construction, four-wheeler, with the dimensions of a europallet.